Monday, May 12, 2008

Hola

I'm sitting in my office, which is starkly illuminated by flourescent lights. If it weren't for the large picture window that faces actual trees and birds, I might go crazy. It all seems so harsh, the flourescent lights, the suit jackets, the sounds of the office phones, ringing and ringing. Costa Rica was so soft. The sounds, the air, the light, the voices of its people, all somehow less intrusive than the soundtrack that accompanies life in Atlanta. So subtle and dream-like was Costa Rica that I wonder if I imagined it. The pictures and video prove that it wasn't all in my head, but still it feels like a dream. An oasis, really.

A complete write-up will come later, but suffice it to say that I loved Costa Rica. While I'm sad to be back, I don't have the despair that has accompanied my return from other vacations. Why? I can't place it, but somehow Costa Rica is still with me. I found myself very at peace there, even in the large city of San Jose. The peace is still inside, and I'm determined to let it remain for as long as it can.

1 comments :

  1. Philippe said...

    Welcome back nad keep the peace within yourself!
    Philippe