Thursday, May 29, 2008

What's up

I've been pretty silent lately. I've been thinking a lot, but not about anything I really want to write about. Work is d-e-a-d, so that monkey is off my back for a little while. I do feel guilty collecting a paycheck when there is little work to be done. C'est la vie, I suppose.

I'm selling my yuppie albatross, the BMW, in the next couple of months. We're going to buy my mom's car, which is an older Accord. It's a fine car and it will get me around for two years until we can purchase a newer car outright. I find myself wanting to get rid of some other trappings, but I don't know where to start. I WANT to get rid of the McMansion, but I can't, not without taking a huge financial loss. Hold on, hold on for two more years.

Why is home ownership a good thing again? Can someone remind me?

0 comments :