Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This is a very short life

I've reached a good point in the last couple of weeks. I can actually see myself working somewhere other than where I'm working now, and see myself doing it successfully. I've realized - 100% FOR SURE - that this is not my long term career. My life is too short, and I'm too unhappy.

The problem, as always, is money honey. I make a decent amount of it. So, over the next year, we plan to save as much as we can. I'm selling my fancy car in a couple of months and buying an old Accord. We'll own it outright in no time.

We did make a mistake. We bought a very expensive house, and now we can't sell it. For a while, at least, I've got to keep on in my current position. I hope that within the next two years we can sell the house for our purchase price. I'll even move back in our townhome if we have to. We have two properties, and we've got to get rid of one or both. I've learned a valuable lesson, I just hope it doesn't cost us too much.

I don't know where I'll end up, but I know a change is coming. I've already changed. Like when you know a boyfriend isn't right for you, I know this job isn't right for me. Now, it's just down to timing. When can I move on?

0 comments :