Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Back to Busy

As you can probably tell, yesterday was a low point. I truly think I was having a bit of a family hangover. It was just too much during the Thanksgiving holiday. I know my limits and I think I need to observe those from now on. I still have a lot of unanswered questions about myself, but I am feeling a bit buoyed today. Writing about your deep-seated problems doesn't solve them, but it sure is a good purge for the soul.

Now, I'm so busy getting ready for my jewelry trunk show next Wednesday that I can barely keep my head above water. What kind of idiot tries to be a lawyer and jewelry designer at the same time? Oh, that would be me. I swear, I'm dreaming about necklaces and beads and wire and clasps. God help me. I'm turning into one of those weird craft women who spends more money at craft/bead stores than on shoes. What the hell happened to me?

As an aside, I had two of the most frustrating lunchtime experiences and I'm happy to report I didn't lose my cool. Nope, not once. I went to Joann to get some clasps (stop laughing) and the line was over a dozen people deep. It moved pretty quickly, but I don't wait. Not well.

Then, I went to a bagel shop to get some lunch and the guy working behind the counter was possibly the dumbest human being alive. After arguing with him about soups for 3-4 minutes, I was finally able to extract what I have realized is the greatest secret known to mankind: what "Seasonal" soups are on the menu at Einstein Brothers Bagel Co. Really, did you know this information was top-secret and closely guarded?

Not to be-labor the point, but why not, I'm good at driving a topic into the ground. See, the menu said "Chicken Noodle," "Vegetable," and the elusive "Seasonal." I asked him what soups they had today and he said, "It's my third day." But those aren't soups, I wanted to say. Instead, I bit my tongue. I asked him to pretty-please go check for me and he said "Oh, we got Chili." WE GOT CHILI? Well, then I follow that up with a big "what kind - beef or turkey?" and I swear to you his head nearly exploded. I don't eat beef and I know Einstein's usually has turkey chili. After another minute of discussing with a co-worker, I was informed that it was indeed turkey.

It took me over two minutes to order because he could find my items on their handy order form, and then it took 10 minutes to make the turkey/swiss sandwich and pour the soup. NOTE: I was the ONLY customer in the store. Now I know why.

Nonetheless, I did not leave in a huff. I did not yell. I did not make a smart remark. I just paid for my food and left.

Now I hope I don't get food poisoning.

PS - On the kitten front. We still have him and his name is Oliver. He is very bite-y. I need to talk to the vet about this because I think he's too vicious. I've never had a cat this aggressive before and I'm worried he's too much of a wild-man. However, he does lay nicely in my arms when tired and sleeps beside our pillows each night. We're having a few adjustment issues with the other cats but there's been no bloodshed so far. I was awakened last night to a kitty tongue-bath on my face. Kitten breath at 3am is cute, but annoying.

0 comments :