Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Eh. and Yeah!

Today is a day of good news and bad news. On the good side, I'm happy about "falling back," time-wise. I am now able to get out of bed before 7:30 AM and be a productive little morning bee.

On the very, very good side, I have some news on the career front. No, I'm not leaving my job (yet). But, I have decided to go into the jewelry business with a friend of mine. We both make high-quality, mid-priced handmade jewelry using semi-precious stones and metals. It's been a hobby for both of us for a while, and we're going for it. The investment will be relatively minor (when you consider what some ventures cost to start), and we're going to tap into our resources (read: the Italian and some good friends) for graphic design and website creation. Things are going to be getting very busy, very soon. I couldn't be more excited.

Alright, into every life a little rain must fall, eh? Well, it fell this morning when I got on the scale. Now, if you read my blog at all, you'll know that I've been indulging in a little pity party lately. Apparently, pity is not the only thing I've been indulging in, because I've gained about six pounds. That's a lot of (typo but I'm keeping it) me. I mean, damn, no wonder I've been feeling like my ass is getting larger - in fact, it is. Ick.

So, I'm back on the diet horse, with a lovely breakfast of pear and hardboiled egg. No more tacos, beer or french fries for a good long while, I'm afraid. I'm mulling over the idea of posting progress pictures to this blog (face blocked to keep me relatively anonymous), but I'm afraid of the pervs. So, if you are one and you are reading this, could you let me know in advance so I kind of know what to expect?

0 comments :