Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I feel better than I did yesterday

Why, pray tell, do I always get a cold in December? I need to be on my A-game in December. I have networking functions to attend, family to shop for, trees to decorate, and a boatload of work at the office. Perhaps I do tend to burn the candle at both ends. At any rate, I've been sick with a cold for four and a half days. I feel fairly close to human today, so that's an improvement.

Funny story from today. Swear to god this is true. I called my vet to ask if we can get a mild sedative for our car trip with Hell Kitten. She put me on hold to get my file, and the waiting music was... wait for it... THE THONG SONG. WTF? How does that even remotely qualify as professional?

Good news is that 2008 looks good from a travel standpoint. We're going to Costa Rica in May, and I just scored an awesome fare on a inter-country flight to take us from the capital to the Osa Peninsula. Very excited about my thriftiness.

Also, I think I've talked the Italian into using some FF miles to go for an off-season jaunt to St. John. Yeah! Looks like sometime in August - September. Yes, I like to live dangerously with hurricane season. Actually, I prefer the Caribbean in the off months. Warmer water, flatter water, better snorkeling, rates about 60% off and less drunken idiots to contend with. I've got to wait for our December FF miles to come through before I can book though. I hope availability for that timeframe stays good through the holidays.

PS - I just realized that the bit about the vet is worded really strangely, but I like it so I'm going to keep it. Let me re-phrase: I called the vet to get a sedative for Hell Kitten. Not for me or the Italian.

0 comments :