Saturday, December 15, 2007

Liquid Gold



It's raining here. While in general this is a commonplace happening, where I live rain has become liquid gold. We're in a severe drought, so any rain is welcome, but the consistent soaking we're receiving now is just what the earth needs. Everything's thirsty.

Summer had it's last gasp this week. We had temps in the 70s earlier this week, but the cold front has arrived. I can't really be too mad about the cold, because it at least had the decency to bring the rain with it.

This might be my most boring blog post ever. I mean, a post about the weather? Still, it's so welcome and I'm happy.

I have a cold. A nasty, stuffy sinus infection. I don't feel bad otherwise, except for that thing attached to my neck. My cold plus the rain means its a perfect day to stay inside and make pretty jewelry. So that's what I'm doing.

1 comments :

  1. Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

    use saline spray. it will help your sinuses. did you ever see an ocean swimmer with sinus problems? nope...

    smiles, bee