Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Nonstarter

Tomorrow is my birthday. See that little trip counter down on my page that mentions Vegas? It currently reads less than one day until departure. See, technically we're supposed to leave tonight at 8:00pm and arrive in Vegas at 9:30pm. I looked at weather.com last night and it hit me that neither of these things is likely to happen.

All hell has broken loose in the NE USA. Delays abound, the weather sucks. In my little city, we're overcast with increasing winds all day. In Vegas, they're expecting sustained winds of about 28 MPH when we're set to land. Never mind the gusts, which could reach 50 MPH. Holy mother of shit. My air traffic controller SIL tells me we may be able to land, but it'll be a game time decision.

I don't want to throw a pity party for myself, but I'm sad. I've been looking forward to this little getaway for so long, and a day's delay would pretty much ruin the point of the trip. We only have about 3 days as it is, so one less would mean we'd be running around like crazy and would have no relaxation time. C'est la vie, I suppose.

And, the Italian told me last night he bought tickets to O for my birthday tomorrow night. I hope we make it by then.

1 comments :

  1. Philippe said...

    Happy belated birthday !!... I hope you had a good time and enjoyed your very special day, since it was also valentine's day.