Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Caught

They caught one of the bastards who killed Eve Carson in Chapel Hill. They know who the other one is, but he's on the run. He's 17 years old. Given that most 17-year olds don't have the common sense of my cat, I have a feeling his days on the street are numbered. Since I'm a lawyer, I probably should say "the guys who allegedly killed Eve Carson," but I'm not interested in playing charades. They've got these guys on video using her ATM card the night she was killed, in her car.

This story makes me so angry. The guy in custody has an abrasion on his face. Did she fight back? Did they shoot her multiple times, including once in the head, because she fought? Did they try to rape her and she resisted too hard? Did she fail to give them her PIN code?

Of course, everything I say is just speculation and none of it helps anyone. These two guys, who are really half-grown sludge from Durham, killed this girl for no reason. I hate that one day I'll have to explain to my niece, or my (potential) daughter, that there are certain times of the day you can't even leave your house to go to your car by yourself.

This is a pretty shitty world we live in.

0 comments :