Monday, March 10, 2008

What we've decided

Costa Rica is a go. I put my big girl panties on, took charge, and now am the proud owner of reservations for all three of our destinations, in addition to a 4 day rental of a Suzuki Grand Vitara.

I'm excited and scared all at the same time. Not of the new language or culture, but scared of the bugs. We're going to the Osa peninsula for part of our trip, and it's one of the most remote places in Costa Rica. Word on the street is that the creeps come out at night. Our cozy-looking bungalow will receive visitors during the night, including tree frogs, scorpions (!!) and things of undetermined name, shape and poison level. Holy fuck, I'm definitely taking earplugs and a sleep aid.

Here are our choices:
San Jose (our first night and then one night in transit): Orquideas Inn
Arenal/La Fortuna: Silencio Del Campo
Osa Peninsula: Bosque Del Cabo (and I'm linking to tripadvisor b/c I think their website is abysmal)

I'm excited now. This will be a very different trip, but an adventure I'm looking forward to. When we were on St. John, I enjoyed our daytime hikes and snorkel adventures much more than staying around the stuffy resort. I think I'm up to the challenge of Costa Rica.

Plus, I get to go to St. John in October anyway. I'm spoiled with travel and I love it!

0 comments :