Sunday, March 2, 2008

Up early...

I'm up early today, for me. The Italian is playing hockey this morning, and I woke up around 7 to brilliant sunshine. It's supposed to be almost 70 today. Hello Spring! I plan on making some jewelry, running, and going to the market today. That's all that's on my list. Oh yeah, and going outside.

We went over to a friend's place for dinner last night. This particular couple are really good friends, and they have a 1-year old son. We just learned that they are possibly moving in the next year... and they won't say where. Long story, but the Italian and our male friend worked together for years, it's a really evil company and a very small world. Our friend needs to extricate himself from the company, but doesn't want to find a new job in our area because the company will sue him to enforce his non-compete agreement. Lawyers! They've either sued or threatened to sue many different valued employees who've left, including the Italian.

Anyway, I'm sad. These friends are some of the only people who make living here truly tolerable.

On a unrelated note, we're having to re-examine our May trip to Costa Rica. I've added everything up, and this is going to be one expensive trip. *Sigh*. I really don't want to go through the hassle of cancelling everything. We're trying to figure out if we can do St. John any cheaper... not sure if that will work.

0 comments :