Friday, September 21, 2007

Alone

I am not alone very often. Right now, the Italian is in Key West, enjoying some fishing with his college friends. I wasn't looking forward to it, but can I tell you a little secret? I'm having a great time. The computer, the remote control , the king-size bed, the kitchen - all mine!

Now, don't get me wrong. When the Italian returns on Sunday, I will be happy to see him and will greet him with open arms. But for now, I'm really digging the "me" time. I think I'm going to try a new yoga class tomorrow and go shopping later in the day. Rough, yes?

Last night, the Italian called me from Key West. He and his friends were having beers at the infamous Hog's Breath and were playing in front of the webcam. It was pretty funny, because most the guys were walking around with their cell phones plastered to their ears, chatting with their wives and/or children. Five years ago and these guys would have gone days without calling their significant other, provided they even had one. Oh, what early middle age will do to a man.

0 comments :