Friday, September 21, 2007

In the closet

No... not what you're thinking. I've been watching a "What Not to Wear" marathon tonight on TLC. I've been in my closet for the last hour purging and making a list of all the new clothes I need to buy. Yeah, I've got about a $1500 list going. I suspect I'll be cutting that down tomorrow. If not, I'll have to use all of my feminine wiles to get the Italian calmed down when he sees the Amex bill.

I really do need to buy new clothes for work (some of which can transition into my weekend life) but I keep putting it off. I am constantly trying to lose "5-7 pounds" and it's making me put shopping on hold. Actually, I think my body image is making me put a lot of things on hold, but I'm going to hold off on digressing into psychobabble.

So, here's my new thought. I'm not really "fat" right now (size 6) but I want to get back to a four. If I buy sixes and then lose weight, all the new stuff can be easily altered for around $100. I might as well look good now, because there's no point in living for two months from now.

What can I say? I really like good food (I'm not a junk food eater) and if weighing 120 lbs means giving up wine, bread, butter and pasta, I'm not so interested.

On a side note, I'm in a "no dairy" phase to try and reign in a bit of acne that's appeared. I won't bore you all of my research, but there is a major anti-dairy movement out there. Iodine, hormones from pregnant cows and proteins to which humans are allergy-prone are just a handful of the problems. Many believe dairy is a root cause of acne. It's really interesting stuff.

I'm trying it for a month to see what happens. I just finished week one and did have very small amounts of dairy from time to time, once in a small scoop of sour cream, a little bit of butter, and two small pinches of cheese. When you consider that my daily average diet used to contain about 2 ounces of cheese, 7 ounces of yogurt, butter, sour cream a few times a week, and then more cheese, my restriction this week is pretty significant.

Man, if the Italian doesn't come home soon, I may end up writing a novel. That's three posts today.

0 comments :