Monday, September 17, 2007

The Car God has spoken

We had some intense car drama last week. After taking our car to two auto parts stores and having the battery tested, we determined that the BMW battery was, in fact, dead. The Italian, handy specimen of manhood that he is, bought a new one and installed it himself. I like useful men.

Next, he turned to the little matter of the mysterious hole in my windshield wiper fluid container. Here's the kicker folks: there was no hole. Even worse, the dealership failed to put our car back together. The whole unit was out, pumps and all. That explained the mysterious loose bolt rolling around in our engine. Apparently, they took it out to look at our headlight (nothing was wrong with it) and I guess they found it too tiresome to put it back together before we picked up our car.

The Italian took matters into his own hands and put that back together as well. I do love a mechanically minded man. In fact, the whole thing was kind of hot. Dirty hot, you know what I mean?

The end result is that my car is fixed, at least for now. AND we saved about $500 thanks to The Italian.

Boring post? Yes. It's Monday, don't expect to much out of me. "Functioning" is about the best you're gonna get.

0 comments :