Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Avoiding Exercise

I bought a treadmill a few weeks ago. I've been wanting one for a long time and I really do love it. Problem is, I told myself I'd use it at least five times a week if I made the investment. So far, so good, but now it's 8:24 pm and I'm supposed to get on the damn thing in 6 minutes (self-imposed deadline). I don't wanna. Instead, I want to drive to the grocery, get a bottle of red wine and some ice cream, and drown my oh-my-god-I-have-to-have-a-mammogram-at-age-30 sorrows.

It's been a while since I've blogged about work. Work has actually been going pretty well lately. I changed office and now have an awesome window with a view of actual trees, plants, and outdoor creatures instead of a parking lot. Score. The only problem is that I have two days off scheduled for November to be in a friend's wedding. The Italian and I were going to take an extra day and enjoy Hilton Head. This time off has been on the calendar for a while now. One of the partners I work for has decided that he and his wife are going on a romantic getaway the same weekend. Looks like I am going to have to cancel one of the days, because, in the words of my boss "you're killing me with this."

I might go anyway just to spite his ass.

1 comments :

  1. Unknown said...

    I hope you do get the day in HHI - also I really like the phrase "just to spite his ass".

    Strangely enough I just had my first mammogram, and I had it done in Hilton Head.

    I hope yours goes well.

    All the best,

    Jess