Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Twelve things on my mind this Tuesday

1. I'm worried my house will get broken into. Our neighborhood has had 6 break-ins in two weeks. We're getting an alarm installed in tomorrow morning.

2. I still haven't gotten my sister's birthday present. I'm not sure why.

3. I think I'm getting a cold.

4. I'm concerned because I haven't seen the spider that lives outside my office window catch anything in the her web in at least two weeks. She's gotta eat sometime, right?

5. I want another cat.

6. I had this messed up dream last night in which my pregnant friend the Yogi gave birth. After the baby popped out, we consulted a POTATO... yes, a potato, to find out what the gender was. Apparently, sweet potato = boy and white potato = girl in my subconcious. How fucked up is that?

7. I wish I were a better writer and could make it my career.

8. I want to take six months and travel the world... well, some of it anyway.

9. I think law is boring.

10. I don't like how the world sees Americans... not even politically, but socially and culturally. We're known for being loud, rude, fat and driving everywhere. Like our Russian tenant said to me recently: "I need to get outside and walk. I'm not like these Americans who get in the car and want to drive everywhere." Here's a shocker for you Tatiana: I'm American and I don't want to drive everywhere. I just have to because my city has a shitty public transportation system.

11. Related to Item 10: Perhaps I should live abroad.

12. I don't like Broccoli Rabe. We made it last night and I thought it tasted like Italian collard greens. Too bitter and expensive for what you get. Give me plan 'ol broccoli anyday.

0 comments :