Sunday, January 27, 2008

Introducing CLIO

I've been decent at keeping things anon up to this point. I think I'm going to lighten up on that a bit. I have a few reasons for this. First, I thought I would spend time on this blog writing about work. I really haven't done that too often. But, what I have said I either have to delete, edit, or password-protect. Since I'm not really dishing about my job (it's too boring and predictable), I feel like there's no driving reason to keep this blog completely anon.

I will still continue to write about the issues I face in my workplace. Being a woman attorney in a very male dominated industry (real estate) has its challenges, and I don't think there's any harm in discussing those concerns intellectually.

Second, I've now got this jewelry business, and we're starting to pick up the pace on it again. Our etsy site is finally up and running, and I want to share this with my blog readers. I'm hoping that my company, called CLIO, will get greater exposure that way.

In the future, we hope to have our own URL, but for right now we're running through etsy. We also want to showcase our goods in some small stores, so if anyone knows anyone who knows anyone... I'd love to hear.

I really need to find a way to get my goods sold in the Caribbean. That way, I'd have tax-deductible business trips to paradise. Wouldn't that be nice?

Okay, my first attempt at lifting the cloak, my etsy store: CLIO Designs

Enjoy, and I love to hear what people think. I see you readers - I know you're out there!

2 comments :

  1. Philippe said...

    Absolutly beautiful design!... I am sure you will do well and I wish you a great success. Maybe, sooner than you think, you will be able to buy your dream house in the Caribbeans.
    Blogs or whatever can be on Internets are never, and I mean absolutly never, totally anonymous. You always can find who is behind and it is pretty easy and simple, beleive me. At least, (no offense...and I will understand if you do not publish this particular comment) you were never anonymous for me, since I found you through a google search about my (now former) business and comments on your travel blog (on which you didn't post since september, but you did traveled since!... Come on ...keep it up to date LOL..).
    But I did, and do, respect your choice to stay "in the dark" and I fully understand, so do not worry at all about me "unveilling" your identity, LOL, and if you didn't approached this topic , I would never told you that I knew, and I will still call you Island Chica...
    Plus you certainly got more chances to visit my area, than I have to visit yours, seriously.
    Take Care and good luck with your new company, they are great jewells.

  2. Island Chica said...

    Sneaky, sneaky!!!

    Yeah, my travel log is a bit outdated. I sort of abandoned it once this started. I really haven't traveled much since then, only to Chicago and family/friends trips.

    Thanks for the comments on our business. We are getting ramped up to begin designing again this coming weekend, so I am pumped!