Wednesday, January 23, 2008

For the love of God

What a week. I've had a hard time concentrating enough to write an actual post, but what's new lately? I'm fresh out of funny. The Italian's sister has announced that she is separating from her husband of 15+ years. We (as in my husband and I) knew it was coming, because the Italian is his sister's greatest confidante. No one else in the Italian's large family knew. My husband has been on the phone with another sibling for the past hour or two, discussing the news. Apparently, feelings are hurt because no one had warning. Jesus.

I just think it's sad.

I'm having a really hard time being motivated at work lately. I'm bored and I am tired of doing the same thing day in and out. I also had a racist incident in a closing today. Several of the involved parties, including another lawyer, were discussing how our city sucks because when you look around on the highway, no one in the car behind you, in front of you, whatever, "looks like me, if you know what I mean." I felt like saying, "if you mean they don't look like fat, pugnacious assholes, then yes, I know what you mean." But alas, he meant they aren't white. Not southern. Not christian.

I need to get out of the south.

Okay, here's something kinda funny. My friends in Raleigh are teaching their toddler to use anatomically correct terms. So, over the weekend their two-year old son yells into the kitchen: "Daddy, where's your penis?" Daddy replies: "uh, it's in my pants." This is from the same kid who asked his babysitter if her nose stud was a nipple.

Love him.

0 comments :